Oct 8, 2019
Join the JAC team!
We are looking for a creative, motivated, and versatile person to join our marketing team in the role of Junior Social Media Coordinator.
The ideal applicant will have a strong command of the English language and be able to adapt their writing to suit a variety of industries, objectives, and applications. Experience with website content management systems would be an asset, particularly WordPress. An understanding of basic principles of design and layout would be an asset, as would experience with email marketing.
As a Junior Social Media Coordinator, you will be responsible for managing and optimizing website content, executing email marketing campaigns, and working with the social media team to implement digital marketing strategies for clients.
You will be working with the content, marketing, design, and social media departments, and report to the Senior Marketing Strategist and Social Media Marketing Manager.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Flow content from copy document to WordPress for client’s websites
- Update websites on an ongoing basis post-launch
- Create and execute email campaigns for various clients
- Work with copywriter, designers, and social media team to ensure content is informative and appealing
- Collaborate with design, content, development, and social teams to execute client strategies
- Monitor social media engagement for clients’ social media accounts
- Take steps to actively grow social media following on JAC and client accounts
- Develop content to boost organic search engine ranking for internal and external accounts
- Schedule organic social media content for clients
- Keep abreast of the latest WordPress, SEO, and social media best practices and technologies
- Use web, search, and social media marketing tools such as Sprout Social, Google Analytics, Google My Business, and others
- Monitor SEO and user engagement and suggest content optimization
- Provide constructive feedback
- Assist multiple departments with additional tasks when necessary
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, communications, or equivalent post-secondary education
- Excellent knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and other social media best practices and tracking metrics
- Ability to optimize website content for search engines and how to chart performance via web traffic metrics such as Google Analytics
- 1-3 years of experience in the field
- Familiarity with web design and publishing
- Experience with doing audience and buyer persona research
- Excellent multitasking skills
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
If this sounds like you or someone you know, send your cover letter and résumé to [email protected], and join our team!