Website Launch: Body Diversity Newfoundland & Labrador
Jul 12, 2018
We’re really excited about this one, these folks do some great work here in the province, and we had the honour to build their website!
Body Diversity Newfoundland and Labrador is a non-profit organization that focuses on promoting the value of body diversity and strives to support healthy minds and healthy bodies. It is their vision to see communities that accept and respect body diversity, that do not pass judgment based on physical characteristics, and that support physical and mental health in diverse bodies.
They share information on:
- promoting positive body image
- understanding why body diversity is healthy and normal
- developing an appreciation and understanding of gender diversity, ethnic diversity, and cultural expression
- reducing weight bias and stigma
- preventing and addressing body-based harassment
- understanding the harm of a weight centred approach to defining health
- understanding the influence of the media and society on how we define beauty and health
It’s been an honour to work with such an amazing group of people, and we’re excited to see the positive impact they’re going to have in the coming years!
Check out their new website!