Job Opening: Front End Developer
Apr 2, 2019
Now Hiring: Front End Developer
JAC is looking for a front-end developer with at least one year WordPress theme design experience.
The ideal candidate is someone who is actively working in the development field and knowledgeable about the most recent releases and standards of WordPress. Applicants should be passionate about WordPress, supporting clients and eager to learn and grow with our company.
Our projects will challenge you and if you’re up for it – then we’re up for talking with you!
Your job duties will include:
- Ability to convert Sketch designs into WordPress themes
- Ability to create WordPress themes from scratch as well as modify existing themes
- Troubleshooting issues including CSS, JS, browser compatibility, responsive design, layouts, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of HTML5/CSS3
- Light to moderate back-end development experience (and willingness to learn).
- Working knowledge using version-controlled environments.
- Develop new user-facing features
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Comfort in responding to a high volume of support requests at times
- Documented experience in front-end website development in WordPress.
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3, PHP5+
- Understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Ability to convert Sketch to WordPress themes using HTML/CSS/JS, etc
- Experience with WordPress is required. (Example: building a theme from scratch is no sweat, and customizing existing frameworks is right up your alley!)
- Experience troubleshooting browser compatibilities.
To apply, send us a message here on our Contact page, on our social media accounts (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn), apply on Indeed, or email your cover letter and résumé to [email protected].